Archana/Sahasra Namaarchana /Ashtottara Shata Namaarchana
Archana refers to the recital of various names of Lord and seeking His divine blessings for the prosperity of the entire humanity.
Also known as Sahasranamarchana, this arjitha seva deals with the recitation of 1008 glorious names of Lord. The important feature of this particular seva is that the divine blessings of Lord are invoked in the Names and Gotras of the grihasta pilgrims who take part in this seva by paying requisite amount.
The Venkateswara Sahasranamarchana is unique to Tirumala shrine only and it is clearly mentioned in the inscription dated back to 1518 AD.
Reciting the thousand divine names of the Lord, the holy feet of lord are worshiped with basil leaves offered by Jeeyangars.
Later the basil at the feet is taken out to worship Sri Maha Lakshmi reciting her 24 divine names.
- Beram being used: Dhruva Beram
- Place or venue: Inside Bangaru vakili
- Timing of the Seva and duration: After Tomala Seva for 30 minutes (4:30 AM)
- Devotees and Seva fee: 220 for one person
- Prasadam / Bahumanam: 2 small laddus
- Exception: Only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
During Brahmotsava, Pushpa Yaga, Pavithrotsava this seva will not be performed. (Tickets are not available on Mondays for the months of May, June and July)