Mamandur forest located on Chennai – Kadapa High way, consists of high degree of bio diversity along with some highly valuable endemic and endangered species.
The forest is deciduous type but mixed with some ever green elements.
Mamandur is bountifully endowed with nature in the form of hills and valleys, many picturesque spots and seasonal waterfalls and ponds of Eastern Ghats.
For Nature Lovers
- An ideal getaway for nature lovers is Mamandur forest near Tirupati.
- The eco-tourism region is managed by a community led by the forest department.
- Mamandur forest cottages are filled with nature lovers looking to escape from the crowds and mental stress of urban life.
- The forest is a boon for animal lovers. One can spot wild animals like wild dogs, spotted dear and others.
- Bird lovers make a beeline for the area which is replete with pretty birds of all species.
- Nature trail,
- Jungle safari,
- Wild animal sighting,
- Jungle camping,
- Visiting Theerthams.
- Jungle Resort (Jungle huts, Tent houses, Dormitory),
- Harini Resource Center (Restaurant, Forest Product Sales and Information Center),
- Rangers Bungalow (Library, Photo gallery, Indoor and Outdoor games),
- Guide Facilities,
- Watch Towers,
- Eco-trail paths,
- Resting places,
- Ring road (Prakrutibata).